Our mission at Bonavista Baptist is to invite, encourage & equip people to be fully devoted followers of Jesus.
To understand more about BBC's mission, watch this sermon
Bonavista Baptist Church
Bonavista Baptist Church is a multigenerational church that believes in people of all ages living life together. We believe in a holistic experience of faith and life.
Bonavista Baptist Church started as a church plant from Altadore Baptist Church in 1974. We have been in Calgary at the corner of Canyon Meadows Drive and Acadia Drive in the community of Bonavista ever since. BBC is a member congregation of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada.
While not a denomination that emphasizes creeds or rituals, the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada together affirm wholeheartedly the revelation of God as given in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. We here explicitly assert the doctrines which we regard as crucial to the understanding and proclamation of the Gospel and to practical Christian living:
1. The sovereignty, love, and grace of God, the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
2. The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture and its entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
3. The value of each human being as created by God. The universal sinfulness of humankind since the fall, which alienates all from God and subjects all to condemnation.
4. The full deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, whose substitutionary sacrifice is the sole ground of redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin.
5. The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
6. The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God, the Holy Spirit, in the believer.
7. The church as set forth in the New Testament and understood historically by the Baptist community.
8. The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ, our participation in the resurrection, and the hope of eternal life.
Next Gen Pastor